A hybrid off-grid solar system project has been designed to power up a small airport in Central Colombia with an average dozen flights per day. The facility is currently powered by a diesel generator running 24/7. The new project is based on a 100 kWp solar panels feeding an annual 1300 kWh per /kWp into a rack of batteries sized to power the airport loads for 95% of the time. A smaller diesel generator fills in the remaing energy and serves as a back up source, saving a massive 100.000 litres of fuel every year. The project is engineered by the Italian companies Solar Farm and MGS Tecnoimpianti.
- Tesla Powerwall storage system: new installation in Northern Italy
- Sky imaging: a necessary complement to storage for efficient operation of hybrid solar-diesel off-grid power plants
- Solar Action Alliance | All what you need to know about solar PV
- JuiceBox Energy Storage start-up in the US market
- Leasing Solar Power to a Million Rural Customers in Tanzania | by Eff Grid Electric