A hybrid off-grid solar system project has been designed to power up a small airport in Central Colombia with an average dozen flights per day. The facility is currently powered by a diesel generator running 24/7. The new project is based on a 100 kWp solar panels feeding an annual 1300 kWh per /kWp into a rack of batteries sized to power the airport loads for 95% of the time. A smaller diesel generator fills in the remaing energy and serves as a back up source, saving a massive 100.000 litres of fuel every year. The project is engineered by the Italian companies Solar Farm and MGS Tecnoimpianti.
- New Offshore Service Vessel with hybrid diesel-electric engine
- Hybrid Marine Propulsion (Diesel-Electric Drive) – A project to assess performances.
- Off-grid bivouac in high mountain | Bivacco Fanton | Italian Dolomites
- Hybrid ship propulsion: further tests by DNV GL show improved energy efficiency
- Overview of current development in electrical energy storage technologies and potentials.